Master Chair Professor II
Qualifications and conditions:
Provisions for the appointment and compensation:
- An applicant shall be well-versed in his/her academic field, have made internationally recognized achievements in his/her research, and hold a professorship or equivalent position in a world-class university or research institution; and
- An applicant shall work at USTC for two to three months a year; An applicant who is a Nobel Prize laureate, an academician of a foreign academy of science, a president or a provost of a famous university overseas, or an internationally acclaimed scholar shall not be subject to this working time requirement.
- USTC shall provide the Chair Professor (Type II) with the travel expense for one round trip per year and determine the amount of salary in consultation with the Chair Professor;
- USTC shall provide necessary start-up research funds according to the nature of the Chair Professor’s specialty and actual needs;
- A relevant school, department or laboratory shall provide sufficient experimental facilities and working conditions; and
- USTC shall provide a fully-furnished, well-appointed three-bedroom apartment for the duration of the performance of work.
- The applicant contacts the related school;
- The school, upon a positive review, prepares the recommendation package for the Chancellor's approval;
- The applicant provides, through consultation with the school, the intentive work plan and schedule;
- The appointment received the letter of appointment signed by the USTC president.