|Master Chair Professor I
Qualifications and conditions:
Provisions for the appointment and compensation:
- An applicant shall be well-versed and internationally influential in his/her academic field, and have made generally recognized achievements;
- An applicant shall be enthusiastic about collaborations with USTC and able to teach or work at the University for a month or longer at a time each year; and
- An applicant who is a Nobel Prize laureate, an academician of a foreign academy of sciences, a president of a famous university overseas, or an internationally acclaimed scholar shall not be subject to the working time requirements at USTC.
- USTC shall provide the appointee with a monthly salary of 15,000 RMB or a corresponding rate of compensation on the basis of work performed;
- USTC shall provide fully-furnished, well-appointed housing;
- A relevant school or department shall provide necessary working conditions;
- USTC shall confer a commensurate honorary title; and
- USTC shall provide other necessary arrangements.
- The applicant contacts the related school;
- The school, upon a positive review, prepares the recommendation package for the Chancellor's approval;
- The applicant provides, through consultation with the school, the intentive work plan and schedule;
- The appointment received the letter of appointment signed by the USTC president.