1000 Talents Plan Professorship - Full Time
A program for recruiting high-level scholars and talents from overseas was established by the Chinese government in December 2008. This program, popularly known as the “1000 Talents Recruitment Program (1000Plan)”, aims to recruit, in 5 to 10 years, and provide financial support for outstanding scientists and leading experts who will work in China and play a leading role in the development of high-tech industries or new fields of study in the nation’s major innovation projects, key programs of study or laboratories, central enterprises or state-owned financial institutions, or high-tech development zones or industrial parks.
Qualifications and conditions:
- An applicant shall have a doctor’s degree earned overseas;
- 50 years of age or younger (the age limit may be loosened for an especially outstanding applicant);
- Full-time engagement at USTC once recruited;
- Professorship or equivalent position held at a well-known university or research institution overseas; and
- Other academic qualifications and conditions applicable.
In addition to the “1000Plan”, various types of high-level experts are encouraged to come to work in China. Those who wish to work in China but do not meet the conditions under the above program may apply for positions under the Ministry of Education’s “Changjiang Scholars Program”, the “Hundred Talents Program” of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the “National Science Foundation for Outstanding Youths” under the Natural Science Foundation of China, or recruitment programs of various ministries, provinces and municipalities.
Provisions for the appointment and compensation:
- The central government shall provide a one-time subsidy of 1 million RMB per appointee (this subsidy is equivalent to a state bonus which is exempt from personal income tax);
- USTC shall determine the appointee’s salary and various cost-of-living subsidies according to his/her compensation level before coming to China;
- USTC shall provide an amount of start-up research funds, and assist in relevant applications for other research funding in China;
- The amounts of subsidies for housing, food, moving, family visit, children’s education, etc. included in the appointee’s salary in China may be deductible before personal income tax according to relevant tax laws and regulations for five years;
- USTC shall provide an apartment for the appointee's family during their stay at USTC;
- USTC shall provide medical service for the appointee; his/her spouse and children may participate in China’s domestic insurance programs, including pension plan, basic medical insurance, and occupational injury insurance;
- The appointee with a foreign citizenship, and his/her spouse and children coming with him/her may apply for long-term multiple entry visas valid for 2-5 years.
CAS: Chinese Academy of Sciences
MOE: Ministry of Education
MOST: Ministry of Science and Technology
DOO: Department of Organization
1. Submit the resume and job intention letter to email@example.com
2. Upon positive review, prepare the formal application package
(The requirement for application material is subject to change. Please refer to the official notice.)